Semolina (rava)-2 cups
Onion- 1 medium, finely chopped
Ginger- a small piece chopped
Maggi chicken cube - 1 no (optional)
Green chilies- 2 chopped
Water-3 1/2 cups
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Potato- 2 small, chopped into cubes
Urad daal- 3tbsp
Toor daal- 2 tbsp
Salt -to taste.
- Dry roast semolina in a nonstick pan for about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl when done and set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add urid dal and toor dal. Saute until it turns light brown.Then add the ginger, green chilies, turmeric and chopped onions and saute until onion turns light brown.
- Add chopped potatoes and stir fry for 8-10 minutes cooking on low flame.
- Mix chicken cube in 1/2 cup warm water and add along with remaining 3 cups water (this step is optional).
- Increase the flame and once the water boils add required salt along with roasted semolina, mix well and make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Close the lid and cook for about 3-5 mts in low flame.
- Serve with banana and pappad or curry of your choice.
* You can make your breakfast healthier by adding chopped carrot, green peas or any vegetable of your choice.