1 kg chicken wings
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon red chili sauce
1 tablespoon finely chopped green chilli
1/2 cup cornflour
3 tablespoon all purpose flour
a pinch of red food color(optional)
3 tablespoon chopped spring onion
oil for frying
The making of the lollipops from the chicken wings is the first step required towards making the chicken lollipops. For that-
- First take each chicken wing and cut off the small tail part at the end of the wing(you can discard that part).
- Now break each wing at the join part(in the middle) so that you get two separate parts.
- In one part you will notice that there are two bones running parallel to each other. Slightly tear the skin and remove the smaller bone from this piece.
- The other part will have only one bone.
- Cut the ligaments from one end of the bone from each piece and roll the flesh with the skin upwards towards the other end, such that you will get it in the shape of a lollipop.Make sure you do not pull out the meat completely from the other end.
- Do this with all the wings and keep aside. From each wing you will two lollipops.
The lollipops have to be marinated next.
- For the marination, mix garlic paste, ginger paste, soya sauce, chili sauce, green chilies, eggs, all purpose flour, red food color, corn flour and salt. Mix well until you get a smooth batter with no lumps.
- Marinate the chicken lollipops in this marination and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4-5 hours.
- Deep fry these lollipops in hot oil until reddish brown in color. Drain on to a tissue paper and serve hot with a tomato garlic dip or tomato ketchup.