Another quick dish for those busy days, when there is no time to spend in the kitchen and you don't feel like feeding your kids with the restaurant food.
2 cups cooked basmati rice(cooked with enough salt)
5-6 shallots, sliced thin
1 green chilli, slit lengthwise
few curry leaves
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili
1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1-2 tablespoon oil/ghee
- Heat oil/ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Add the sliced onions and fry until golden in colour.
- Add the cashews, green chili and curry leaves and fry for a minute or until the cashews are slightly roasted.
- Move this to a corner of the pan. Break the egg into the middle of the pan and scramble it, adding the crushed red chili and pepper.
- Mix the scrambled egg with the cornered onion masala.
- Add the ketchup and mix well. Now add the cooked rice and stir contionously for 2-3 minutes. Add salt if needed.Your quick egg rice is ready to be served.