A delicious chicken dish that is usually served with a lemon flavoured butter sauce. An absolute favourite of all. Here I have made a simple dip which goes well with this. An impressive dish that is so easy to make. Serve with a dip and garden fresh green salad.
Ingredients2 boneless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp thyme
salt to taste
a pinch of crushed black pepper
1 egg, beaten well
1 cup bread crumbs
- Slice the chicken breadth wise into thin rounds(like potato chips) and keep aside.
- Marinate the chicken with the chopped parsley, thyme, pepper, salt and lime juice. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg to the marinated chicken and rub it on to the chicken pieces well.
- Coat each slice of the chicken in with the bread crumbs and deep fry in oil until golden on both sides.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with a dip.
For the dip
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp finely chopped parsley
Mix all the ingredients for the dip well in a bowl and serve with the chicken piccata.